2019 Annual General Meeting (AGM)
August 15 - August 18
15 – 18 August 2019
Our State Rep and host / coordinator – Mr Russ Lowes
Hobart is located 42 degrees South of the Equator level with Christchurch, NZ.
Hobart is the 2nd oldest capital city in Australia.
Tasmania oozes history of colonial penal settlement throughout as well as unique attractions in wildlife and culinary delights.
August is Winter in Hobart –it can be very cold and wet OR it can be glorious winter days of bright sunshine and no wind.
Visiting Tasmania to make a trip of it
If you want to have a good look around and want to make a decent trip out of it it is recommended you allow 2 – 3 weeks.
Be prepared for cold weather, great food and spectacular scenery.
Tasmanian experiences are unlike anywhere else in Australia.
Visiting Tasmania for the AGM period only
If you just want to come for the AGM period only then you can still get to see quite a lot during the four day period.
Planning timeline – proposed:
Thu 15 Aug:
- Arrive in Hobart and settle in to your accommodation
- Welcome drinks at Sandy Bay Bowls and Community Club from 1500h – possible dinner on site
Fri 16 Aug:
- Sightseeing (own arrangements) – Mt Wellington, MONA, Constitution Docks, the Shot Tower, Richmond Village
- Evening dinner TBA
Sat 17 Aug:
- Salamanca Markets and brunch in Salamanca Square (own arrangements)
- 1500h – AGM
- 1830 – 1900h Dinner – venue TBA
Sun 18 Aug:
- Possible memorial service Hobart Cenotaph (TBC)
- Lunch – Recovery session (own arrangements)
- Commence return to home travel
Administration and Logistics
- Fly in to Hobart and hire a car OR
- Bring your own car on the Spirit of Tasmania (Melbourne – Devonport) and drive down to Hobart
- Plenty of accommodation near the AGM venue with our host negotiating AGM rate specials
- Come earlier or stay for the full experience
- Work the South and then circumnavigate clockwise.
Some websites to whet your appetite:
Where to go and what to do
Where to stay – the first two offering discount to AGM attendees
“YOU CAN FIND DINOSAURS DOWN HERE IN TASSIE”