2/4 RAR Association AGM – Canberra 2017
August 25 - August 27
The 2/4 RAR Association will be holding its Annual General Meeting in Canberra between 25-27 Aug 17. The weekend will include a 2/4 RAR Plaque Dedication Ceremony at the Australian War Memorial (AWM).
Details as follows:
Accommodation: Mercure Canberra ‘Olims’ (Corner of Ainslie & Limestone Avenue). Phone 02 6243 0000 or email email@example.com . Limited accommodation is available at $155 for a Standard Deluxe Room.
It is members responsibility to arrange your own accommodation however it will go quickly. Please quote Block Code ‘2/4 AGM’ when booking in order to secure the best price. If you do not book accommodation ASAP you may need to seek it elsewhere. While this is not an issue you will find it may well be more expensive that what I have secured.
Sequence of Events
Friday 25 Aug (0945h):
– 2/4 RAR Plaque Dedication Ceremony – Australian War Memorial (A short walk from the Mercure) commencing at 1100h. Members are requested to be seated in the outdoor Dedication Area by 1045h. Following the Ceremony an afternoon tea has been organised inside the AWM, followed by Organised Tours, or self exploration. It is requested that members are dressed in either Coat and Tie or Smart Casual.
Friday 25 Aug (from 1500h):
– Meet and Greet at Olims (Mercure Pub)
– Bar and Bistro (members pay own way)
– Dress is Casual
Saturday 26 Aug
– Morning – Explore Canberra
– 1500h – AGM at Olims Function Room
– 1600h – AGM Photo at Olims
– 1800h – Dinner in Olims Function Room followed by drinks. The dinner will be a 2 course plated dinner, alternate drop, with a cheese platter for desert.
– Dress is requested to be either Coat and 2/4 Tie or Smart Casual
Cost for the AGM (encompassing the AGM Dinner) is $79.00 per person (see below).
The association will bare all costs associated with room hire etc. Drinks are to be purchased separately by individuals at the bar provided. Those of you that are financial 2/4 RAR association members, as at 10 Apr 17 will be afforded a dinner subsidy of $25 per member. This will mean that the total dinner cost to MEMBERS will be $54 (which will need to be paid before cutoff 15 Jul 17). Any person who joins the association from 10 Apr unfortunately will not benefit from the 2017 AGM Subsidy; however your attendance will be very much appreciated and you certainly will benefit from all future subsidies.
How to Secure your Attendance.
You are requested to do the following:
Firstly, send an email to Paul Jacobson – 2/4RARA Treasurer at firstname.lastname@example.org and advise how many tickets you will require (you can invite who ever you like – they just have to show you their money):
Attending 1 Member = yourself only (No Guest)
Attending 1 Non Member = yourself only (no guest)
Attending 2 pers = member plus 1 non member
Attending 3 pers = member plus 2 non member etc……………
Secondly, pay amounts as follows:
– $54 Per Association Member (non-refundable) deposit by no later than COB 15 Jul 17 into the Bank Account below.
– $79 Per Non-Association Member
** Note: Partners who are not association members must pay the full $79
– Payment is due by NLT 15 Jul 17, but earlier the better
BANK: DEFENCE BANK
ACCOUNT NAME: 2/4 RAR Association
BSB: 803 205
Payment by EFT – insert YOUR surname and purpose, ie ‘Bloggs AGM’
Note: The 2/4 RARA WILL NOT be profiting from any monies taken from individuals. The cost is what is being invoiced from Mercure Canberra.
If we do not secure attendance early, the association is liable to loose the deposit costs and room hire costs. As a result I strongly encourage maximum attendance. Wherever possible I request you pay your AGM deposit as quickly as possible to avoid disappointment all round. This AGM promises to be a cracker; THIS IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT!
Any general queries regarding the AGM can be directed to Max Walker on tel: 0431239111 or via email at email@example.com.
Any queries regarding payment for the AGM should be directed to Paul Jacobson on email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The heading of the email should read ‘2/4 AGM’
Warrant Officer Class One I Soldier Combat Systems
SM Soldier Combat Systems/OIC Trg Team L125-3B/SCE Mod Plan
Army Headquarters I + R1-03-B061 I Canberra ACT 2601
( +61 431 239 111 I ( +61 2 6266 7599